The primary function to oversee the production of the quarterly Union Messenger newsletter of the UAME Church and inform the Connection of church programs and activities, such as.
• Information about Sunday services
• Communications from our Bishop’s.
• Information about religious education programs and classes (Boulden, ETA and Local Churches)
• Information about all UAME Church functions and events, e.g. annual conferences, Connectional Meetings
• District news
• Information about outside events that UAME is sponsoring and/or for which there is significant involvement
• As space permits and at the discretion of the General Secretary, community news and announcements of activities of organizations of particular interest to the church or its members
- Schedule of newsletter deadlines for the publication year.
- Publish Union Messenger electronically and hard copy at least once per quarter.
- Professional writing and editing experience
- High level of organization skill, ability to multi-task and work with hard deadlines
- Able to manage a monthly project from start to completion
- Able to work with other members of “newsletter team” to communicate expectations, goals, deadlines, etc.
- Attention to detail, especially in editing, proofing.
- Proficient computer skills—use of Word, emailing, Internet