(Note this position is usually for the wife of the Bishop, if she desires not to serve in this capacity the Bishop may appoint someone or hold an election)
The General Missionary Board’s primary purpose is to develop local missionary ministries and train missionaries in the local church in all areas of home and foreign missionary work. The General Body of the Spencer United Daughters of Conference confines its work primarily to raising money for general purposes. The object the General Missionary Society is to raise money and aid the missionary work of the general and local church; to unite the church for service for Christ and cooperate with the Bishop’s in the spiritual work of the Conference, Local Church and community.
The mission of General Missionaries & Spencer United Daughters is to promote growth in the knowledge and understanding of God and His plan of redemption for the world, as revealed through Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit by;• Teaching the concepts of Christian missions and provide experiences for participation in mission work and its ministries;
• Demonstrating the principles of Christian living and to win others to Christ;
• Serving as a financial support system to the Local Church, District and General Conferences to undergird the mission outreach of the UAME Church
• Working with the Local Church Missionaries in the spiritual work of the church and community
• Developing potential leaders to fulfill and continue our mission.
• Building and maintaining an intergenerational community of caring missionaries by developing relationships and encounters between the Local Church Missionaries, Conference and Local organizations and other women’s organizations.
• Providing flexible structures, so that missionaries may determine the structure and programs most appropriate and workable in their church
• Providing for the development and distribution of written, printed and electronic resources and periodicals.
• Planning and evaluating programs and other activities of the organization.
• Strong delegation skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Be able to relate to men and women of all ages
• Have a heart for women and desire to have women grow in their faith and to see women connect with each other
• Have a strong Knowledge of the UAME Church
• Desired: computer skills