The General Secretary of Church Extension develops, directs, implements and promotes the UAME Church Planting movement. This person serves as the primary catalyst to help recruit, equip, coach and lead church planting-focused disciples with a vision for kingdom multiplication.
- Direct the development, oversight and execution of church planting strategies and partnerships. Develop and implement recruiting, training and equipping of church planting candidates. Provide on-going counsel and missions awareness of church planters. Network with other link-minded church planting networks, churches or planters to facilitate best practices for multiplication and kingdom advance
- Develop annual plans, objectives and budgets
- Recruit ministers and members of our congregations for church planting
- Establishes goals and objectives for this ministry and initiates strategies to fulfill them.
- Works in coordination with the overall goals and objectives of the church mission and strategies.
- Performs administrative duties such as compiling reports, preparing expense reports and completing purchasing orders, as required by management and as specified by church policy.
- Identify areas where a church can be planted
- Compile demographics for the feasibility of planting churches in area’s
- Vision Casting. a. Regularly cast a vision for church planting
- a. Provide coaching and training for church planters and plants.
- Monitor Progress. i. Encourage movement through the various stages of organization: group, company, church and multiplying church
- Leadership Development. Develop 4-5 individuals to learn to do what I do with the hopes that they eventually will become church planting coordinators of other conferences.
- Ability to recruit and quickly assess potential leaders.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, financial, and communication skills.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, develop and implement program policies and procedures, and manage changing and competing priorities.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage people with different personalities, skill sets, and backgrounds.
- Strategic thinker; proven track record of casting and implementing vision (with various generations).
- A strong collaborator, coordinator, and an implementer. Demonstrates tact, discretion, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Knowledge of Computer and internet