The Foreign Missions secretary assists in coordinating all regional and international missions activity within the church and support for other related items. Working directly with the General Missionaries and Foreign Missions Board, the General Secretary effectively communicates related mission activities and items to the church leadership as necessary. Attends Foreign Missions team meetings; Assist the financial department of the church regarding business and financial decisions regarding Foreign missions. Ensure compliance and implementation of policies put in place by leadership. Serve as the office contact person for those interested in missions, mission trips or other mission related matters.
Serve as the internal communication point person with missions that the UAME Church supports to ensure proper payment of funds and other related support items. Support the Foreign Missions Board President in extra events such as fundraisers or other outreach opportunities. Coordinate mission trips and plan Annual Conferences outside the Continental United States.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Duties have included providing oversight to in the area of Local and Global Missions.
2. Establish baseline for church missions and provide training and direction as needed.
3. Implement the overall missions’ strategy for mobilizing UAME members, ministries and churches.
4. Collaborate with the church ministries and be a liaison with churches to create a strategy of mobilizing their people in a way
that will best serve and cultivate their unique expression of missions.
5. Coordinate and continue to develop the process of sending Members out on short and long term mission trips.
6. Oversee and manage mission budget including global monthly support, one-time gifts and short-term program.
8. Continue to establish, develop and maintain global partnerships (local churches, missionaries and mission agencies).
9. Continue to establish/refine mission policies and procedures.
10. Creatively promote mission opportunities.
1. Must have a call to missions’ ministry with significant mission trip experience.
2. Must be a skilled in recruiting volunteers and developing people to serve Christ.
3. Must be a team player and have ability to partner with other leaders and associates.
4. Must have strong inter-personal skills and ability to develop relationships.
5. Must be a team player and willingness to thrive in a creative environment where change is the norm.
6. Must be self-motivated and able to achieve goals and objectives.
7. Must have intermediate computer skills.