Responsibilities: The General Secretary of Education is responsible for working with the Christian Education Team and Churches to organize and resource the Union American Methodist Episcopal Church’s education programs, as well as to train church members for the task of teaching and leading Christian Education in a shared capacity.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinating education and special programming with the Christian Education Team.
*Acquiring and adapting curriculum materials to conform with our UAME polity.
*Acquiring and organizing necessary study supplies.
*Developing the Christian Education budget and following the budgetary guidelines set by General Church.
*Working with the Boulden Seminary and ETA to develop curriculums, recruit and train teachers.
*To be familiar with basic teaching practices, methods of teacher training, curriculum and resources available,
*To recruit, train, and support volunteers to carry out the teaching and leading the Spiritual Formation of the church for all ages
*To provide opportunities for Spiritual Growth through General Workshops
*To network and communicate information concerning the studies and opportunities to the various groups within the church
Through Biblically-based, doctrinally sound, innovative and relevant education, training and worship, the Department works collaboratively with the Board of Christian Education, Boulden Seminary, Evangelistic Training Institute, Department of Church School to disciple the entire membership of the denomination.
- Through doctrinally sound education and training, fuel the fire of faith to increase knowledgeable zeal.
- Examine the current structure of the Department and realign to serve the present age.
- Establish programs of academic enrichment for the local church to foster academic excellence.
- A college degree with in another area with additional studies in Christian Education Previous work in the area of Christian Education is preferred.
- have a basic knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Good writing skills Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel n Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Utilizing websites and social media Personal Attributes:
The General Secretary of Education must be a person who possesses:
- A work ethic that is both positive and team oriented
- Organizational skills to effectively and efficiently